_ _ _ ____
| | | | (_)/ ___|
| |_| |__ ___ _/ /___ ___
| __| '_ \ / _ \ | ___ \/ __|
| |_| | | | __/ | \_/ |\__ \
\__|_| |_|\___| |_____/|___/
│ hire me │
Things I learned: 2018#23
- with android oreo the storage format of wifi credentials changed from the traditional wpa_supplicant.conf to a new WifiConfigurationStore.xml.
- WifiConfigurationStore.xml may not be compatible between android versions
- Encryption of android devices is hidden behind a ‘require password to start device’ option.
- LineageOs + no google play services make a phone super snappy while preserving battery life
- RTL SDR are DVB-TV receivers that can be used as low-cost SDRs (software defined radio) that can read the whole radio spectrum
- A RTL SDR can receive FM Radio
- A RTL SDR can receive clock updates
- A RTL SDR can be used to track plane using their transponder signals
- Cheap power bricks for laptops can emit a lot of radio noise. My cheap brick emits a lot of noise in the typical FM radio spectrum. I found that out when playing with a RTL SDR.
- IKEA Tradfri gateway uses the coap protocol. There are client that allow programming your bulbs.
- The coap protocol is actually pretty easy to work with.